To provide students with a foundation for understanding the cellular underpinnings of human health and disease, while advancing the field through hands-on, cutting-edge research.
Required in addition to Core Requirements
(Choose 2 of the following)
- CMM 595H Problems in Biology of Complex Diseases (Spring)
- CBIO 552 Cancer Biology Survey Course (Fall)
- PATH 515 Mechanisms of Human Disease (Spring)
- MCB 572A Cell Systems (Fall)
- Either MCB 580 (Introduction to Systems Biology) or BIOC 568 (Nucleic Acids, Metabolism, and Signaling) (Whichever was not taken as a "core" requirement)
Recommended Electives (pick 1)*
- CMM 605 Medical Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis (Fall)
- IMB 521 Scientific Writing (Spring)
- CMM 588 Principles of Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology (Fall)
- MCB 546 Genetics and Molecular Networks (Spring)
- CMM 695D Human Genetic Disease Colloquium (Spring)
Recommended Colloquium/Journal Club
- CMM 595A CMM Journal Club (Fall)*
*Other Electives/Journal Clubs may be chosen with approval from the GPMM Directors.
Note: any course in any track can be taken as an elective in another track.